Saturday, July 2, 2016 (Rain Date: Sunday, July 3)
It's peak time to enjoy the collection of more than 400 varieties of daylilies in the Perennial Garden.
In the Heartland Harvest Garden
Don't miss seeing the nation's largest edible landscape! The Tasting Station is open from 1 to 7 p.m. so you can sample the day's harvest.
Come early for a splash through the Fountain Garden and a tour of the Gardens. Also enjoy Paint-A-Pot ($4) and face painting ($3 and $5) from 2-8 p.m.
The music begins at 11 a.m. with a performance by students from the Sarah Haskins Vocal Studio in Blue Springs, Mo. Enjoy an afternoon concert at 4:30 p.m. on the lawn near the Fountain Garden. At 7:30 p.m. the Lee’s Summit Symphony takes the stage for a pops concert that includes patriotic favorites.
Enjoy a sizzling fireworks display that really shines against the dark country sky! It begins at the conclusion of the symphony's performance or approximately 9:30 p.m.
$12/adults; $10/seniors; $5/children ages 5-12.
Children under 5 get in FREE.
Festival admission includes all day access to the Gardens including the Heartland Harvest Garden and the Nature Connects exhibition, parking, trolley/tram service and performances.
What to Know Before You Go
- To help keep the Gardens beautiful, picnics will be allowed in the performance area only.
- Bring a blanket or lawnchair; all performances take place outdoors.
- The Gardens are very dark after sundown. Although we will use temporary lighting after the fireworks, you may want to bring a flashlight.
- Please make note of your parking location when you arrive.
- No pets (other than guide dogs) are allowed in the Gardens.
- Performances may be cancelled in the event of extreme weather. Refunds are not available.
- Trolley transportation to and from the visitor's center will end at 6:45 p.m.
- Some portions of the Gardens will close early for preparation of the fireworks display. Please plan accordingly (see closing times below).
Food and Drink
Picnics are allowed in the performance area only. Food, including favorites such as Tadley's Homemade Ice Cream, also will be available for purchase on site.
Because of a change in licensing, outside alcohol is NOT allowed at Powell Gardens' events. A selection of beer and wine will be available for purchase on site.
Early Closing Times
- Island Garden (including one scene of Nature Connects)
- Meadow and Meadow Pavilion
- Skeleton Island (part of the 2012 Fairy Houses & Forts exhibit)
- Perennial Garden
- Rock & Waterfall Garden