2015 Evening Events
Spend an evening with the butterflies and experience the "night life" at Powell Gardens:
- 7-9 p.m. Saturday, August 1: Family Night—An Evening with the Butterflies (all ages)—Each ticket includes a guided experience in the conservatory, one serving of Tadley's homemade ice cream, storytelling with Fancy Nancy from 7-8 p.m. and a make-and-take craft.
- 7-10 p.m. Saturday, August 8: An Evening Escape (21 and older)—Enjoy the gardens in the beauty of twilight! Each ticket includes one drink (beer, wine or non-alcoholic beverage), light appetizers by Howard's and a guided experience in the butterfly conservatory.
Prepaid reservations are required for the evening events.
What to Know Before You Go
Conservatory exhibit schedule on non-festival days:
The indoor butterfly conservatory will be open to the general public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on August 3-6 and August 10-14. No other festival activities take place on these days, and regular Garden admission applies.
Tripod Photography Day: From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 6, we will allow tripods and monopods in the conservatory. Garden admission plus $5/photographer applies.
Food & Drinks
Cafe Thyme Indoor Cafe and Outdoor Grill, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily
Chartroose Caboose, July 31-August 2 and August 7-9
reFresh: Drinks and Light Bites from the Garden, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Heartland Harvest Garden
North Star Events: Cotton Candy and Drinks, 10:30 a.m.to 5:30 p.m. August 1-2
Tadley's Homemade Ice Cream, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily
- $12/adults, $10/seniors 60+
- $5/children ages 5 through 12
- FREE/children 4 and under
Festival admission includes parking, trolley service and access to all of Powell Gardens.
Tips for Visiting with Kids
Check out this page for more details on enjoying a festival visit with children.
Join the #polliNATION!
Help us build up the monarch butterfly and support all types of pollinators by joining the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge--a nationwide call to action. Learn more.