Barn Dinners at Powell Gardens
Missouri Barn Dinner Series
Gather with friends in the heart of the Heartland Harvest Garden for a casual dinner featuring the best flavors of the season. Each multi-course dinner will be prepared by a different guest chef and enjoyed during a relaxed evening in the Gardens.
The 2014 series features six fantastic chefs and five dinners, including two that are firsts for the Gardens: a live-fire dinner on June 29 and a vegetarian dinner on July 20. Here is the schedule (click each dinner for details):
- Joe Shirley, Chef/Owner at Überdine, June 22
- Live-Fire Dinner with Craig Jones, Food Network's Grill Mayor and Owner of Savory Addictions Gourmet Nuts, June 29 (sold out)
- Vegetarian Dinner with Craig Howard, Chef/Owner at Howard's Organic Fare and Vegetable Patch, July 20 (sold out)
- Ian Denney, Sous Chef at The Raphael Hotel, August 24
- Mickey Priolo, Executive Chef at The Corner Restaurant, and Rick Mullins, Chef at Gram & Dun, October 12
Prepaid reservations are required: $90 or $80/members. Seating is limited. To reserve your seats, select the links above to pay online or call Linda at 816.697.2600 x209. If you have questions, please contact Karen Case.
Please note: Due to the nature of these events, we cannot accommodate special requests or dietary restrictions unless otherwise specified (see individual dinner descriptions for details). Purchases are nonrefundable. If you are not able to attend, you are welcome to let others use your seats. All guests must be 21 or older with a valid ID.
photo by Paul M. Ingold
Did you know? Powell Gardens has 7,000 varieties of permanent plants on display. No matter the season, this is a great place to see an inordinate variety of plants in the landscape and take home ideas you can use. See our Gardening Resources »