Out of the Blue: A Spring Butterfly Exhibit
10 a.m.-4 p.m. March 12-April 3, 2016
Need a spring break getaway that's not too far from home? Escape to a tropical rainforest with a visit to Out of the Blue: A Spring Butterfly Exhibit at Powell Gardens! Brilliant Blue Morpho butterflies and graceful Paper Kite butterflies will flutter about the conservatory, open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily March 12-April 3!
In addition to the daily exhibit, we will have special activities each weekend:
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. March 12-13: Discovery Station: Secrets of the Rainforest
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. March 19-20: Discovery Station: Lessons from Nature
- 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. March 19-20: Storytelling by Janet West
- 12 p.m. March 19: Kansas City Kite Club kite flying demonstrations
- March 26-27: Local Flying Flowers—Master Naturalists and Master Gardeners will offer expert advice on attracting butterflies to your garden.
- April 2: Orchid Society of Greater Kansas City members come to Powell Gardens to answer your questions about caring for these exotic beauties!
- April 2-3: How Plants and Animals Survive in the Rainforest
Admission is $10/adults, $9/seniors age 60+, $4/children ages 5-12 and free/members.
We hope you will join us! Learn more about the Spring Butterfly Exhibit.
Summer Exhibit: Jurassic Garden—A Prehistoric Adventure
May 21-October 3, 2016
Step back in time to discover the plants and animals of the prehistoric world through an exhibit created by Missouri's own Guy Darrough. With amazingly accurate dinosaur replicas lurking in natural settings, a new life-size dinosaur dig and many things to see and do, it's an adventure you won't want to miss. For details, visit powellgardens.org/JurassicGarden.
Thank you to the Jurassic Garden sponsors: Ash Grove Charitable Foundation, Missouri Arts Council and KCP&L.
Did you know? The exhibits in our "crown jewel," also known as the glass-domed Conservatory, change six times a year. Each August this space turns into a magical butterfly house. Learn more »