Welcome to Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical garden! You'll find plenty to see and do in every month of the year.
Visiting on Your Own
With special exhibits, performances, drop-in activities, acres of gorgeous gardens and the nation's largest edible landscape, you can tailor a visit based on your own interests. Plan your visit now.
Visiting with a Group
Powell Gardens offers reduced admission for groups of 20 or more. You can choose to explore the Gardens on your own or select from one of our guided tour options. See our group tour packages.
Visiting with a School or Youth Group
Powell Gardens blends science, nature, art and fun into our field trip offerings. All field trips align with curriculum standards in both Missouri and Kansas to make the most of your time away from the classroom. Our field trip offerings also can be tailored for scouting groups and home educators. See the details here.
Take a preview tour of what awaits and learn more about each of the major garden areas here.
To keep the Gardens beautiful and enjoyable for all, please follow these simple guidelines during your visit:
- Pets are not permitted except guide dogs. Please leave your pets at home.
- Picnics are allowed in designated areas only.
- Fires are not allowed.
- Sports and games such as frisbee, baseball, bicycling and roller blading are not permitted.
- Smoking and tobacco use are not permitted in any building or anywhere on the grounds.
- No outside alcohol is allowed due to liquor license requirements.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the chapel.
- Do not climb trees, walls, sculptures, or fountains.
- View and smell flowers, fruits, leaves and seeds, but please leave them for others to enjoy.
What to Know Before You Go
- April 4-Oct. 31: $10/adults, $9/seniors ages 60 and over, $4/children ages 5-12
- Nov. 1-March 11: $7/adults, $6/seniors ages 60 and over, $3/children ages 5-12
- 2016 Spring Butterfly Exhibit, March 12-April 3: $10/adults, $9/seniors ages 60 and over, $4/children ages 5-12
- $12/adults, $10/seniors ages 60 and over, $5/children ages 5-12
Parking is FREE and Powell Gardens can accommodate RV parking (no overnight parking allowed).
A trolley service takes visitors from the Visitor Education Center to the Perennial Garden, Rock & Waterfall Garden and the Marjorie Powell Allen Chapel during peak season. The fee is $1 per person for all-day access. You may purchase your pass at the admission gate or at the trolley stop.
Trolley service is available 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends in April and runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily May through August.
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use free of charge on a first come, first serve basis. Inquire at the front desk of the Visitor Education Center.